Some of the deals involving stimulus funding for campaign contributions are more difficult to follow or are so large, they encompass a number of individuals and a number of corporations.
First Solar – Received $4.7 billion in stimulus funding
- Ted Turner: Part owner of First Solar. Released a self-funded media onslaught across his media empire endorsing Barack Obama for President.
- Goldman Sachs: Part owner of First Solar. Gave Barack Obama over $1 million dollars. Two Goldman Sachs executives were then named to Obama’s National Finance Committee.
- Paul Tudor Jones: Part owner of First Solar. Obama bundler.
- Michael Ahearn: CEO of First Solar, large donor to DNC.
Record Hill Wind – Received $102 million in stimulus funding.
- Angus King: Former Governor of Maine and part owner of Record Hill Wind. Endorsed Obama for President.
- Robert Gardiner: Former CEO of Maine PBS and part owner of Record Hill Wind. Endorsed Obama for President.
Exelon – Owns ComEd and Peco. Received $200 million dollar grant from stimulus funds.
- Frank M. Clark: Obama donor. CEO of ComEd. Named to Obama’s National Finance Committee.
- John Rogers Jr.: Exelon Board member and Obama donor. Named to Obama’s National Finance Committee.
- David Axelrod: Obama campaign manager. Hired by Exelon as a ‘consultant’.
Powerspan – Received $100 million in stimulus funds. Government audit revealed the money created only 8 jobs.
- Daniel Weiss: Part owner of Powerspan. Named to Obama National Finance Committee.
- Zeb Rice: Part owner of Powerspan. Named to Obama National Finance Committee.
- George Soros: Part owner of Powerspan. Obama donor and advisor.
First Wind – Received $232 million in stimulus funds. An audit revealed the money only created 125 jobs.
- David Shaw: Founder of DE Shaw. Obama bundler and one of the top 3 donors to the Democratic Party. Largest shareholder of First Wind.
- Larry Summers: Part owner of First Wind. Obama’s Chief Economic Advisor.
- David Canning: Part owner of First Wind. George W. Bush bundler, Barack Obama donor, Rahm Emanuel donor.
Tesla Motors – Received $465 million in stimulus, of which over $16 million went into the pockets of 2 owners.
- Elon Musk: Obama donor, DNC donor. Tesla Motors Founder. Also CEO of Solar City which received its own $275 million in stimulus funding. Between Solar City and Tesla Motors, Musk personally pocketed $15 million immediately after receiving their stimulus.
- Steve Westly: Tesla Motors CEO. Pocketed $1.2 million immediately after their stimulus payment.
- Steve Spinner: Tesla ‘consultant’. Obama donor, DNC donor. Then appointed to an executive position within the Dept of Energy.
- Nicholas Pritzker: Part owner of Tesla Motors. Obama donor. Related to a number of Obama advisors and high-profile donors.
- Sergei Brin: Part owner of Tesla Motors. Obama supporter.
- Larry Page: Google CEO, Part owner of Tesla Motors. Obama supporter.
- Eric Schmidt: Part owner of Tesla Motors and Obama administration advisor.
- Dan Reicher: Part owner of Tesla Motors and Obama administration advisor.
John Doerr’s vast companies – Doerr is one of Barack Obama’s largest donors and has donated millions to the Democratic Party. Of the 27 ‘green’ companies owned by John Doerr, 16 received stimulus funding from the Obama administration.
Fisker Auto – Received $529 million in stimulus funding to create an $89,000 luxury sports car.
- John Doerr: Major Obama and DNC donor. Part owner of Fisker Automotive.
- Al Gore: Former Vice President. Obama and DNC donor. Part owner of Fisker Automotive.
Silver Springs Networks – Received $560 million to develop a ‘smart grid’.
- John Doerr: Part owner of silver Springs Networks.
- Al Gore: Lobbied the Obama administration for stimulus funding for Silver Springs Networks. Not exactly clear if former Vice President Gore profited on this investment and government perk, or if it was ‘diverted’ to his profits from the Fisker Automotive stimulus money.
Kleiner, Perkins, Caufield & Byers – Received stimulus funding as one of the many companies owned by John Doerr.
- John Doerr: Part owner. Major Obama and DNC donor.
- Al Gore: Partner and unofficial lobbyist for Doerr’s companies.
- Steve Westly: Part owner. Investment tripled in value in weeks.
- Sen. Dianne Feinstein: Current US Senator. Invested $1 million just weeks before the company received its stimulus grant. Feinstein tripled her investment in weeks.
Joint venture between the following individuals and their companies. The venture received $25 million in stimulus funds. A government audit found the $25 million created only 2 jobs.
- Steve Farber: Lobbyist for ZeaChem.
- Jonathan Seelig: Obama donor, DNC donor. Part owner of Globespan Capital.
- Paul Batcheller: Senate aide. Part owner of Prarie Gold.
Joint venture between the following individuals and their companies. The venture received $21.7 million in stimulus funding. A government audit found the $21.7 million only created 13 jobs.
- Jerry Fidler: Obama donor, DNC donor. Part owner of Solazyme.
- John Luongo: Obama donor, DNC donor. Part owner of Lightspeed Ventures.
- Roger Strauch: Obama donor, DNC donor. Part owner of Roda Group.
There you have it – quite an impressive list. In President Obama’s hometown of Chicago, home to a number of the above individuals, it’s simply called, ‘pay to play’. It’s so common throughout the halls of every level of government in America, it’s not even called what some say it really is – bribes and kick-backs.
In a day an age when treasonous crimes like ‘war profiteering’ are considered acceptable tactics of America’s free market system, it’s no wonder why the country is over $77 trillion in debt. And as a parting thought, here’s another secret the above individuals aren’t telling anyone – America isn’t $17 trillion in debt, we’re $77 trillion in debt. Read the Whiteout Press article, ‘US National Debt – the $77 Trillion Dollar Secret’.
Also, read the companion pieces to this special report, ‘Naming Names – Congressmen Guilty of Insider Trading’ and 'Naming Names - The Vast Left Wing Conspiracy'.
Special thanks to Peter Schweizer, author of the book ‘Throw Them All Out’. Please consider purchasing your own copy using the link found here. Whiteout Press receives a small commission for each purchase made here. Support indy-media, support Whiteout Press.
Return to Page 1